This page outlines steps for faculty who are interested in giving exams through blackboard.
Steps for getting started:
- Review our “What can the Testing Center do for you?” page. This page will give you some information about the testing center and some of the benefits of using online testing. If you are unsure if this meets your pedagogical preferences, please reach out to an Instructional Design Consultant at the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Review our “Instructor Policies and Best Practices” page. This page will give you some information about policies, best practices, and test aids that faculty can choose from to allow students to use. If you are unsure if this meets your pedagogical preferences, please reach out to an Instructional Design Consultant at the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- After you have an understanding of the testing center and our policies, you can begin creating test questions, and pools (if you so choose). If you are unsure about how to do this, please reach out to the help desk.
- Once you have created your exam, you can deploy the exam. If you are unsure about how to deploy an exam, please reach out to the help desk.
- Once the exam is deployed, please review our “Blackboard Tests: On-Campus” page. Please note, if you are teaching an online class or will be having students take exams at another location, please review our Off-campus test page. If you have questions about this step, you can reach out to the testing center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the exam is ready in blackboard, you can make a submission using a gravity form here
- Once the steps are completed, your exam is ready to go. If you are unsure after you have completed these steps, reach out to the testing center. A project Specialist will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible to double check the settings.